We’re on the hunt for world class trekking guides to work at our award winning property EcoCamp Patagonia! Our guides are young, talented, enthusiastic, multilingual, knowledgeable, nature-lovers who are keen to spend a season working in Chile’s beautiful Torres del Paine National Park, leading groups through the park’s scenic forests, mountains, lakes, glaciers and wildlife.
Read the job description, desired personal attributes and minimum requirements and send us your CV.
This is a seasonal job in a remote area, starting on the first week of September 2015 and finishing mid-May 2016.
Patagonia Adventure Jobs - Trekking Guides
Desired personality/character attributes:
- An enthusiastic guide who is adventurous and loves the outdoors.
- Energetic and cooperative attitude.
- Adaptable, flexible and reliable
- Leadership skills
- A sunny and outgoing personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both individuals and teams).
- Must demonstrate emotional intelligence and maturity.
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in Chile.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) qualifications are very desirable
- Must pass the Chile’s National Forestry Corporation (CONAF) test about Torres del Paine’s flora, fauna, geology and geography once they have been selected
- Strong work ethic (hard work in bad weather sometimes)
- Proficient in Spanish and English fluently. The ability to communicate in other languages is an advantage.
- Excellent attitude to customer service, most of the times you will have dinner with them in our restaurant (you’ll be spending up to 16 hours a day with guests!)
Main job responsibilities:
- Guide multiday trekking trips safely (sometimes there can be horseback riding, bicycling and kayaking excursions)
- Full responsibility for guests during their stay from arrival to departure. Ensure optimal guest relations in the lodge and homely personal attention are always maintained.
- Provide educational, environmentally friendly and fun experiences
- Represent Ecocamp Patagonia excursions ours in a professional manner at all times (i.e. uniform, grooming & language
- Daily report of the activities to the manager
- Salary according to experience.
- Uniform, meals and accommodation included.
- Specialist EcoCamp training about our sustainable design & upkeep and leave no trace philosophy is provided upon arrival.
- Experience the daily life living in an ecolodge
To apply for this position, please forward the following to :
- Your CVs.
- Required qualifications.
- Expected salary
- A friendly, professional, clear, head and shoulders photograph.
Check out the Chilean Founders' Story behind the World's 1st Geodesic Sustainable: