We have a basic policy of environmentally-sensitive waste management which includes bringing as little paper, tin and plastic into the wilderness as possible.
- All waste brought in is separated at the source and stored according to its recycling status: organic, paper, glass, and dangerous or toxic materials.
- All non-organic materials are removed and sent to the closest town of Punta Arenas to be recycled or disposed of and organic material is fed to a neighbouring pig farm.
- Guides ensure guests leave no rubbish en route during treks, and that all non-biodegradable material is brought back to EcoCamp to be properly disposed of. Guests reuse paper lunch bags and water flasks.
- We choose all of our suppliers extremely carefully, ensuring they are all aware of and meet with our environmental standards. We buy in bulk so as to limit individual packaging and our suppliers limit packaging brought into the park to an absolute minimum.
- Guests recycle their lunch bags everyday and use the same flask which they re-fill with water en route during their trek.